Trainer: John Guest [ www.johnguestsafeguarding.com ]
Spaces are limited so please book early by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org
There will be an assumption that delegates will have previously undertaken L1/2 training during the past 3 years
This certificated Level 3 (LSCB Groups 4/5) course addresses the full range of designated responsibilities for voluntary sector, community and education providers for children, young people and adults at risk and draws upon a multi-agency perspective that complies fully with current legal requirements; including procedures adopted by Local Safeguarding Children Boards to promote compliance and cooperation with statutory services, commissioners and other partners.
- ‘Working Together to Safeguard Children’ (March 2015)’;
- ‘What to Do if You’re Worried a Child is Being Abused’ (March 2015);
- ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education (Department of Education 2015 report)’;
- ‘Inspecting safeguarding in early years, education and skills settings’ ( OFSTED August 2015);
- ‘No Secrets’ (DoH 2015)
What we will cover
- Roles and responsibilities in safeguarding.
- The role of the Designated Safeguarding Lead.
- What commissioners and funders will expect.
- Partnership working and the critical role of the Local Safeguarding Children Board.
- Key messages from Serious Case Reviews.
- What all staff, volunteers and governors need to know and understand about safeguarding and their role in safeguarding children and adults at risk.
- Managing risk and understanding the thresholds for referrals to Children’s Social Care.
- Understanding thresholds.
- Below the threshold – early help assessments.
- Understanding the barriers to disclosure.
- Information sharing and challenge.
- What all staff need to know about female genital mutilation.
- Culture and race in safeguarding.
- Sexual exploitation.
- Exploitation by radicalisers.
- Online safety for children, volunteers and staff.
- Safe professional practice and preventing allegations.
- Safeguarding at 16 + safeguarding adults at risk
- Inspection judgements relating to safeguarding.
Tea, coffee and lunch will be available
Places will be guaranteed on payment of invoice, on a first come first served basis, and will not be booked until payment is received
10% discount available for 4 or more bookings from one organisation
Full cost will be refunded if cancellations are made at least five working days before the event